My bookable art workshops are two hours long, can cater for up to 30 people and are available for ANY AGE – from 9 months to 99 years and work with all subject matter and ALL ability levels – I’m all about inclusivity, diversity and the fact that art is for EVERYONE. You provide the space – I’ll bring everything else.
Every session focusses primarily on removing the fear that can surround drawing. I will PROVE to you that ANYONE can draw and I will help take the knot out from your stomach. For many years I held beliefs that I could not draw and I will share my story (I had two degrees in art and teaching and STILL could not draw!) while helping you to realise what you can achieve. Even the most anxious of participant will leave my sessions with a newfound confidence in their abilities and a sense of achievement.
Let go of the fear of drawing – A standalone workshop focussed on drawing in different ways, on a variety of papers, and using a variety of mark making tools.
Create a bas relief – An introduction to the space between 2d and 3d. The bas relief is one of the oldest forms of art production and it creates excellent results. You get to keep both the positive and the negative of your creation AND make a print from one of them too!
Creating with Clay – The first hour is focussed on drawing and generating ideas – and in the second hour you will create a clay masterpiece while exploring the formal elements and how to incorporate concepts into your creations.
Cast your hand – Create a completely lifelike cast of your hand in durable plaster that you can keep for time immemorial. This session is very popular in secondary schools and introduces you to casting techniques in a very accessible way. Unfortunately this session is slightly more expensive due to materials costs and prep time – it fluctuates depending on number of participants and cost of materials when ordering – get in touch for details.
All sessions are £180 (unless otherwise stated) fully inclusive of all expenses and materials except mileage when over 20 miles from my home address – this is charged at 45p per mile).
Bespoke workshops, courses and commissions:
“Creativity is making mitsakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep”
Bespoke courses and workshops also available in all visual art forms, mindfulness, meditation and children’s yoga – also in creativity and creative learning if you want it to be a CPD opportunity.
I am a multidisciplinary artist and can provide introductions and longer courses in all forms of visual art creation – printmaking, painting, sculpture, drawing and mixed media are all things I have done in the past – and if I don’t have the skill set – I can guarantee I can find the artist who can.
Get in touch for details.
Feedback from teachers at a recent ‘5 minutes of yoga’ CPD session at Haworth Primary School:
- “A useful and enjoyable CPD session that all staff can easily take in to the classroom. Many thanks, Paula Howe, Headteacher.”
- “Fantastic session! Lot’s of great ideas to teach yoga to children! Thanks”
- “Really enjoyed. Nice to see you can include mindfulness in as little as 5 minutes”
- “Really good and informative session with some fab ideas to bring into the classroom” Emma Fawcett, Year 5 teacher.
- “Loved all of the practical ideas that I can use in the classroom. The resources will make it a lot easier to plan my sessions – I wouldn’t have known where to start. Thanks!”
- “Amazing training thank you!”
- “A really positive CPD session with clear, manageable ways to integrate yoga within the classroom”
- “A good introduction to yoga for children. Well informed and knowledgeable” Chris Holdsworth, Senco.