Artist, Mural painter, Creativity Coach and Trainer of Artists in Education, Art, Mindfulness and Meditation Teacher and Autoethnographer of the human condition!
Greetings, I have been self employed working mainly in education for 10 years delivering projects and developing skills in sculpture, printmaking, painting, drawing, textiles and all other forms of ART.
More recently I have completed my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training at World Peace Yoga School in Rishikesh, India. I am also now a certified Childrens Yoga teacher (Kidding Around Yoga) and have completed a Mindfulness Course with the Institute of Excellence.
My current offer has now added a few extra elements into it – I’m offering Arty parties, yoga parties and my new ‘Mindful Makers’ series – These changes are as a way of bringing peace to the world one mindful moment at a time AND helping me to pay my MASSIVE MORTGAGE on my new lovely little home! EMPLOY ME TODAY! 🙂 hehe.
My new offer is based around sessions incorporating the three magical M’s:
• Movement (Yoga Asana’s inspired by Art)
• Mindful Making (Art based activities inspired by art and focussed on the process of staying in the moment)
• And Meditation (again – inspired by Art)
However I still love the odd Mural and Art based session/project too!!!!
Current workplaces include:
Burnley Brow Community School – Artist in Residence since 2014 – working with families and children across the age ranges and now delivering childrens and teachers yoga!
The Hepworth Wakefield – Creative Practitioner working with families, schools, adults, toddlers and Young People.
The Stanley and Audrey Burton Gallery at the University of Leeds, working predominantly on the Footsteps project with inner city primary schools.
The Tetley Gallery, Leeds – delivering the Springboard Volunteer Artsworker Training and working with schools and families
Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield – working across a range of programmes incorporating the three Magic M’s.
The Artworks, Halifax – workshops for schools in all manner of Arty goodness!
I am also a huge advocate for MAKING MISTAKES (and learning from them). I am available for one off projects, weekly sessions or bespoke creations made just for you. I also paints Murals too – so please do get in touch if you have a project you would like to work on together.
MA By Research 2010 – 2012 – MIRIAD (Manchester Institute for Research and Innovation in Art and Design), Manchester Metropolitan University
PGCE (QTLS) Art and Design 2009 – 2010 – University of Huddersfield
BA (Hons) Contemporary Art Practice International (Class 1) 2004 – 2008 – University of Leeds with International placement at York University, Toronto, Canada
Performing the I AM Story as a Tool for Empowerment: In Order to Make a Difference! In Towards Creative Action: Transformations and Collaborations in Practice, CARN Bulletin 17, Spring 2014
▪ This Is Another Place: An Autoethnographic Tale about Annie and The Artworks in Qualitative Inquiry 19:5, Sage Publishing June 2013
▪ The A/r/tographer: An Image and a Poem in Arts Based Research, Special Edition: A/r/tography 38:2 University of Illinois Press Winter 2012
- Creating and crossing boundaries: Recycling and removing patterns of behaviour AT – Thresholds: The Adjacent Possible, The Tapestry, Liverpool’s Fabric District, 68-76 Kempston St, L3 8HL – February 2018 as part of the Not Just Collective
▪ The Cefn Mawr Collection: A series of images commissioned by the Plas Kynaston Canal and Railway Group and displayed in the Holly Bush Inn, 2016
▪ The I AM story: An Autoethnograpic Account of an engagement with Art Education at CARN International Conference, Vienna, 2011
▪ Tell Me Something About Your First Love at various locations including University of Huddersfield, 2011 and a wedding as part of the Black Dogs Collective.
▪ Hotch Potch Hit Man Haggling Ego Trip at Leeds Light Night 2008
▪ An Intimate Distance (Detail) at Leeds Central Library, 2008
▪ Follow at The Carriageworks Theatre as part of Leeds Light Night 2007